Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lots of Driving Around

So Brad got out of work early today at 10 am. Luckily kinda because my dad needed a ride back home once he dropped off his van to get more work done. He came up here like right before Brad got home to ask me if I could follow him up there. So we followed him to the garage and brought him back home.

Than we left for Mayville to hand in Brad's checks so that we could be reimbursed the extra money they take out of his checks for health insurance.

After that we headed to Fredonia because he got a letter in the mail saying he was qualified for a $6000 loan.. I really didn't want him to, I really don't like burrowing money.. He was only going to use it to help pay rent to a new place figuring the payments for the loan would be cheaper than the rent itself and pay the rest back when we get our taxes. Luckily they didn't give it to him. We had my GPS with us so we used it to help us find a fast way to get there, took roads we never take, I loved it. I love seeing new things. Saw a sign nailed to a tree in a forest that said "Jesus believes in you." or something like that. Also drove by what looked like an Apiary.. lots of large white boxes in the middle of a field so I figured it was a bee farm. Didn't know anything like that was around here. Only seen that kinda stuff on tv or maybe books in science class.

After that we went car shopping, first looking at places in Jamestown. Found a couple Chryslers almost exactly like each other. The 2004 was like at our maximum price, in really nice shape, only thing bad on it was the drivers seat was pretty worn down. The cheaper one was two years older and had lots of scratches on it and a couple indentations on the trunk but it also had a sunroof like I want.. I rather have that one, I don't mind the scratches, actually makes me feel a little more comfortable in it with not having to worry about possibly getting scratches on it myself plus I can always have it painted.. plus it's like $1,000 cheaper and has sunroof and everything works and it's sso quiettttttttt, unlike Brads loud truck, like after the guy started the engine you couldn't hear it at all. It's really big though, really fat, really big trunk so we kept looking. Something like this:


We went to like 8 places.

Our last stop we ended up going to this dealership that sells really cheap cars. Found one I really love but it makes me nervous because Brad really wants me to have it and I'm not sure if I trust the guy. My dad knows him and says he sells junk... though it really doesn't look like junk to me. Some Whitehill dude. So I'm kinda having my dad secretly (because Brad doesn't want him to) look at it for me since its really close to his work and I trust his instinct way more than brad... I just want to be smart. I really don't want to buy a piece of junk that is going to need constant work. We really don't have that kinda money. I've looked it up and A LOT of people are saying it's a really nice car but they do need work every so often. It's a silver 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0. So prettyyyyyyy, I love how the dash like turns towards me and it's not as big as the Chrysler and a lot of people said it's a good winter vehicle, good at climbing snowy hills. It doesn't have a sunroof though =[ I can always have one put in because there is ones that have it. I'm afraid it's going to be a gas hog though because it has a V8. Big engine. "The 4.0L Sedan is equipped with a standard 4.0-liter, V8, 250-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway." ...Yeah, not so good on gas. =| I really really want to want it but I'm so scared something is wrong with it because the price is so cheapppppp. The guy has already lied to us I think... because I just typed the vin number on yahoo to see if anything would come up and a site popped up and it said "
  • September, 2000 - New vehicle registered with DMV
03/08/2011 - 113,330 miles - Vehicle listed for sale in Ellwood City, PA for $1,250 "

He told Brad it only had 60,000 miles and he's selling it for over double that price. He is probably the one who bought it.. So unless he put work into it I feel like we are getting robbed. If he worked on it than I don't mind paying double the price he payed. He is obviously going to try making money out of it.

He wasn't there when we were checking it out so we didn't get to turn it on or anything.. or ask much about it. Ughhhh. It looks brand new almost, just a little dirty on the floors. Has a small crack on the back bumper, the front hood looks a little warped... like it was bent in slightly. Plus a filter like thing on the bottom front is broken, but they seem like easy fixes. I just want to go look at it again but I don't think Brad is going to let me. =[ He wants to be in control from here on out pretty much.. I'm most likely going to order a carfax report on it if my dad thinks it's alright.. =\\ I kinda don't want to because it's a whopping $35 not including tax... that could go towards the baby =\\\\ Ughhhhhhhhhhh. I hate buying expensive things. I'm so nit picky, making sure it's worth it... etc. Kelly Blue Book says Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 is worth $4,641. He's asking $3,400 but a lot of them on Cars.com is being sold for 7k and up... confusinggggggggggg. Just like this oneeeeeee.



Edit: Brad just told me the Bank approved the car and the payments are cheaper than his truck... That doesn't mean it's ours yet.. he still needs to talk to the dealer dude. =|||

No comments:

Post a Comment